YCAN is an independent non-profit group run by citizen volunteers. YCAN developed and administers Yarmouth’s Aging in Place initiative, and delivers a variety of support services and resources to help those in need. You can email YCAN at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 838-2261. YCAN's work includes:
- Providing volunteer opportunities for community members to support and participate in activities to benefit the Yarmouth Community and its members.
- Yarmouth Cares Fund (formerly called the Fuel Fund) has raised over $25,000 annually to help Yarmouth residents in need. Assistance can include heating, winterization, food, clothing, and transportation.
- The Rides Program coordinates volunteer drivers to help those who cannot drive get to local shopping areas or medical appointments, with YCAN providing publicity and support.
- Shoveling for seniors pairs clients with volunteer shovelers who help clear walkways around homes for seniors who cannot do so.
- Yarmouth Community Food Pantry offers food for neighbors experiencing food insecurity. It also distributes senior food boxes and holiday food baskets. Food donations can be left in the deck box at the Food Pantry entrance on Storer Street. Call (207) 844-3320 or visit their Facebook page for more information and for a list of current needs.