Required Permits

Entrance Permits
Entrance Permits are required for alterations to your existing driveway or new entrances. Forms & Applications.

Right of Way / Utility Location Permits
Street Opening Permits are required any time you do any type of excavation within the Town right-of-way. For more information, please refer to the Town’s Fees and Permits Ordinance (Chapter 401). Forms & Applications.

Fill Permits
If you wish to bring fill into your property, the Town does have some guidelines you need to follow:

1. Less Than 100 Cubic Yards - No Town Review Required.
2. 101 Cubic Yards to 1,000 Cubic Yards - Requires A Minor Site Plan Application.
3. Greater Than 1,000 Cubic Yards - Requires A Major Site Plan Application.

Other restrictions may apply - Dig Safe, posted roads, erosion control, shoreland, wetlands, DEP, etc. Before starting your project, it is always best to check with the Town to make sure you have met all the requirements.

Posted Road Permits
The Town runs a permit system to allow overweight vehicles to operate on posted roads when conditions allow. To apply for a permit, please call 846-2401 during regular business hours.

For more information, please contact Erik Street, Director of Public Works at 207-846-2401.