Transfer Station: Frequently Asked Questions


How Do I Get a Transfer Station Sticker or Punch Card?

You may purchase and pay for a Transfer Station Sticker or Punch Card online.  Punch Cards may also be purchased at Ace Hardware and Estabrook’s Greenhouse, and are sold in denominations of $10.00, $25.00 and $55.00.  Find the application on the Home page of the website under Forms & Applications.

Residential trash and recycling stickers are $2.00.   Yarmouth residents and residential property owners are entitled to a Residential sticker.  Only renters who live in a complex with less than 10 units are eligible for this sticker. Commercial property owners and businesses are only eligible for a recycling sticker, and renters living in a complex with 10 or more units may purchase this sticker.

Follow the instructions to complete the form and pay.  You may pay via credit/debit card. There is a 2.65% service fee (or$3.00minimum service fee) to use a credit / debit card. During the payment process, you will also be given the option to pay via E-Check, and that fee is $1.50. Your Sticker or Punch Card will be mailed to you.

If you prefer to print and mail or drop off the form with a check, please see “How Do I Submit Applications & Payment” below.  If you would like an application mailed to you, please call (207) 846-9036 or email to request one.

How Do I Get a Contractor "After Hours Use Permit" for the Transfer Station?
The After Hours Use Application can be found on the Town’s website on the Homepage under Forms & Applications.  Required documents and information are listed on the application. The annual permit fee is $100.00.  After Hours Use Permit Applications are approved by the Director of Public Works.  Please see “How Do I Submit Applications & Payment” below for options on how to submit and pay for your application. Your vehicle stickers will be mailed to you.
How Do I Get A Contractor "Temporary Permit" for the Transfer Station?
Contractors who need to dispose of items at the Transfer Station on behalf of Yarmouth residents – such as brush, demolition materials, bulky waste, etc. will be required to obtain a Temporary Permit prior to arriving at the Facility.  You will need to provide the resident’s name, address & contact information, and the resident must possess a current Transfer Station sticker.  Brush, leaves and lawn clippings are the only items contractors may bring into the facility after hours, but a Temporary Permit must still be obtained before bringing brush in. There is no fee for this permit.  To obtain a Temporary Permit, call (207) 846-9036 or email
How Do I Get Permission to Hunt at the Transfer Station?
Any person may seek and receive permission to hunt on Yarmouth Transfer Station Property by registration and application through the Town Office. After completing the Hunter Registration Form, you will be issued a Hunter Permission Card to evidence that permission has been granted by the Town of Yarmouth for the season indicated on the card. Hunters must register each year separately for each fall and/or spring season (fall season runs from September 1 to December 31, spring season runs from April 1 thru June 30). The permission card is not transferable to any other person or party and must be carried on the person to whom it was issued. The person holding the permission card may have a guest, but the person holding the permission card is responsible for the guest and to make sure they abide by all rules associated with hunting on this property.  A full set of rules and regulations will be given to the registrant at time of registration.
How Do I Submit Applications & Payment?

Submittal options:

Mail to:
Town of Yarmouth

c/o Public Works Administrative Assistant
200 Main Street
Yarmouth, ME 04096

E-mail to: Karen Stover, Public Works Administrative Assistant at

Drop off: You may drop off your application in the secure gray Drop Box located at the back of Town Hall. (The box looks similar to a US Postal Service box.) Place your application in an envelope and address it to Public Works AA or bring into Town Hall during regular business hours.

Payment Options: 
Checks: Make checks payable to Town of Yarmouth and include it with your application.

Credit Cards:  If you wish to pay via credit /debit card, include a note with your application indicating this is how you would like to pay, and a phone number where you can be reached.  We will call you to process payment over the phone. There is a 2.65% service fee (or $3.00 minimum service fee) to use a credit / debit card.  Do not include your credit card information with your application.