Planning & Development
|Municipal meetings on Demand
The Planning and Development Department implements the 2010 Comprehensive Plan, administers the development review process, and undertakes long-range planning projects.
The Department also administers Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Shoreland Permits, Site Plan Review and the Subdivision Ordinance. It is responsible for enforcing and amending the Zoning Ordinance and the Character Based Development Code.
Planning and Development staff also provides administrative assistance to various resident boards and committees including the Planning Board and General Board of Appeals.
For more information, please contact the Planning Department at 846-2401.Committees:
- Affordable Housing Committee
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee
- Complete Streets Advisory Committee
- Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee
- General Board of Appeals
- Historic Preservation Committee
- Planning Board
- LD 2003 Fact Sheet on Dwelling Unit Allowances
- LD 2003 Fact Sheet on Accessory Dwelling Units
- LD 2003 Fact Sheet on Affordable Housing Developments