If you think you need a license and don't see it listed please call the Town Clerk at 846-9036 and verify.  Applications can be found on our Forms and Applications page.

  • Hunting and Fishing Licenses may be obtained during regular business hours or online. (Online IFW Law Books)
  • Dog licenses can be obtained during regular business hours or online (online service only available from 10/15 - 1/31)
Licenses are required for all dogs 6 months and older. A Rabies Certificate and proof of spaying or neutering must be presented when applying for license. All dog licenses expire December 31 of each year.
License Fees: $6.00 for spayed/neutered dogs   $11.00 for unaltered dogs
An additional $25 fee is charged for renewals of licenses obtained after January 31.
Frequently Asked Questions

Report lost or found dogs to Yarmouth Police Department at 846-3333.
  •  Liquor Licenses are required for any establishment wishing to serve alcohol. The Maine Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages issues applications, which may be obtained by calling the office in Augusta at 624-8745. The town fee is $50.00 plus any advertising fees. The Town Council must approve all new and renewal licenses before the applicant returns the application to Augusta.  

  • DBA - Sole Proprietor Adopting a name other than his own.  Filing fee is $10.00.  Filing is done in the municipality in which the business is to be carried out in.
  • Special Amusement Licenses are required for any facilities licensed by the State of Maine to sell liquor if they wish to include music, dancing or entertainment for their patrons. The fee for a special amusement permit is $50.00 for the license year of the existing liquor license.
  • Peddlers/Street Vendor Licenses - See Ordinance 310
  • Shellfish Licensing
Each year the Town Council sets the number of licenses to be issued based on recommendations of the Shellfish Conservation Committee and upon approval of DMR (Department of Marine Resources).
Residential Licenses can be obtained in the Town Clerks Office during regular business hours.  Proof of residency is required.  You must be a resident for 3 months before being eligible for a Resident Recreational (peck) License.   Senior Citizens (age 65 & over), living in Yarmouth or North Yarmouth, are entitled to a free Recreational Clam License.